CUTTING THE BUDGET, ØBAMA STYLE • This must be a joke: ‘In a savings shocker, the government discovers that paper has two sides’
IF ONLY BUSBY HAD SHOUTED, ‘RACIAL PROFILING!’ • Maybe the pepper spray, arrests and mayhem would have been avoided, charges dropped and the president Obama would have demeaned San Diego sheriff’s deputies.
KNOW-NOTHING-IN-CHIEF • ‘Is President Obama an economic illiterate?’ Uh … YES.
A new ad from The Americans for Prosperity Foundation poses the all-important and easily answered question: Did you read the bill? The answer, of course, is no.
According to Politico, the ad will run on cable and in Washington, D.C. Though it seems clear there won’t be a vote before Congress recesses, it’s a good question to ask when it’s gaveled back into session and eventually votes on health care reform.
Michael Ramirez hits another one out of the park:
Also great this week:
Check out his cartoons at IBD Editorials.
POST-RACIAL MY SKINNY, WHITE ASS! • “Barack Obama was supposed to get us beyond grievance politics, reparations and all the things that create pointless conflict. Sadly, the president didn’t rise to the task.”
THE 10 LIES OF OBAMA’S HEALTH CARE PRESSER • From deficits to benefits to stimulus to blame games to government control, can we believe a word he said?
Six months ago I said that I didn’t “get” Twitter — well, now I do. Perhaps too much.
Twitter serves many purposes. It’s like a constant thought stream, a way to keep track of your friends and, for me anyway, it can replace RSS readers.
During President Obama’s press conference last night, it served as a great live-blog featuring who knows how many people.
Here’s some tweets from the presser I found particularly amusing (which helps when you’re watching a press conference in which the president essentially says nothing new, important or engaging).
- @HeyTammyBruce: If we had UrkelCare, Gidget, the Taco Bell Chihuahua, wouldn’t be dead right now.
- @drstrangelove17: Obama mentioned the blue pill vs. The red pill! THE MATRIX IS REAL! Haha. Just… kidding. (maybe)
- @allahpundit: There’s nothing quite like getting a health lecture from a guy with a smoking habit, is there?
- @pinkelephantpun: Oh here we go, he may actually answer…. oh. Wait. No.
- @mkhammer: “Maybe you’re better off not getting your tonsils taken out, kid. Maybe you should take pain killers.”
- @andylevy: Dr. Obama: Maybe you don’t need your tonsils removed. Maybe you have allergies. Let’s check with a bureaucrat!
- @CalebHowe: Tonsil-profiteering is one of the seven scourges of the economy, second only to the nutritionist-gap.
- @jimgeraghty: I could be completely wrong, but I think the body language of the press corps suggests that they want to chant “bull-****” in unison.
- @lehmannchris: Potus vows that Americans “won’t have to pay for things that don’t make them healthier” FREE CIGARETTES!!
- @CalebHowe: So, you know, in summary. I’m the president. This is my house. George Bush. Tonsil-profiteering, and get a nutrionist! Clear?
- @andylevy: Everytime I hear “And I mean it,” my immediate response is “Anybody want a peanut?”
- @IMAO_: Missed the speech because we were hosting Bible study. You know – stuff about the other savior.
- @mkhammer: My presser headline: Obama touts his ground-breaking transparency practice of… appearing on C-SPAN.
- @daveweigel: Wait, I missed the presser. Is Obama going to ration health care for white cops or something?
And if you want to follow me on Twitter, I’m @rockmycar.
WHATEVER IT IS, WE SHOULD BE FOR IT • The president isn’t familiar with the bills, Congress can’t tell us how it will work — but let’s all support health care reform anyway.
Not only does Barack Obama proudly wear mom jeans, he drinks like a suburban housewife, too!
Politico reports that when the president is out boozing it up, he prefers maritinis, margaritas and sparkling wine.
But rather than sticking to one signature drink, Obama’s choices are varied: beer, wine, martinis, sparkling wine, margaritas.
On a date night with the first lady in New York at Blue Hill, a West Village eatery, Obama opted for a wine that accompanied the five-course tasting menu, while Michelle sipped on two martinis.
On a night out in May at the D.C. restaurant Citronelle, the first couple turned down the restaurant’s famous and seemingly endless list of fine wines and instead ordered matching martinis, straight up. “And they didn’t even finish them,” manager Jean-Jacques Retourne recalls. “They drank mineral water all night and then ordered coffee.”
I’ve already said it’s lame that, according to Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, the president likes Budweiser (yuck), but really? Appletinis, fruity margaritas and sparkling wine?
This is, as with the Budweiser, a weak-ass set of drinking preferences. No whiskey? I’d even give him a pass if he liked Gentleman Jack.
By the way, on the mom jeans, the president said he’s “frumpy” and that they’re “comfortable.” He said he wouldn’t look good in skinny jeans.
Well, he certainly drinks like he wears skinny jeans and guy-liner.